Sunday, January 18, 2015

My Favorite Beauty Products

I don't have a ton of time to spend searching for the perfect "beauty" products.  But there are a few things that I have stumbled upon over the last several years that have become staples in my bathroom.

|| LUSH Dream Cream ||
{It's their #1 BEST SELLING product}



I have posted about LUSH before.  It is one of my most favorite stores ever!
Everything is handmade and made out of real stuff.
There has not been one product of their's that I tried and did not like.
And I say that with the utmost honesty.

I am a nurse and my hands are always super dry.  
The number of hand washings and foam that I use on my hands in a 12 hour shift
is sometimes out of control.  My hands suffer greatly from this mandatory practice.  
But not only is this cream great for hands, it is great for dry skin all over.
It does have a bit of a smell.  Not sure what to call it.
To me it smells clean.  And full of yummy goodness.
It comes in this large sized pot that will last you a good amount of time.
Because a little goes a long way.


|| Bobby Brown Shimmer Brick ||
{in Rose}


My mom and sister have been spoiling me with this little treat for years.  
I am not sure who found it first.
I can tell you it beats out all of the drugstore competitors.
It is well worth the $50 price tag.
And it lasts a long time (mine last up to a year, at least)
Just a really pretty way to add a slight shimmer to your cheeks.
The one I use is the rose one.
Just. Beautiful.


MRS. MEYER'S HAND SOAP
{Radish Scent}
I. LOVE. THIS. HAND. SOAP. 
I know it is not really a "beauty" product....
but.....it is my soap. 
Mommy's soap.  
It sits on my kitchen counter and no kids are allowed to use it!
Sometimes it is just nice to have something to call your own 
when you share everything all day long with 3 little peeps.
The radish scent is BY FAR my most favorite. 
I love clean scents....probably because I rarely feel like my house is clean all at once.
It makes up for the shortcomings=)

You can purchase this product and scent at Target.
I'm sure other stores carry it as well. 
Target is just where I grab mine. 



LUSH GORGEOUS 
{facial moisturizer}

If you can believe this, I don't wear makeup most days that I am home. 
I really only wear makeup when I go to work and church. HA!
Or a date with my husband or if I need to go to something and not scare everyone!
I would say I wear makeup 3 out of 7 days a week.
It is only since having multiple children that I became okay with this idea.
Honestly, most days I just don't have time to get it on and out the door.

But this moisturizer....I AM TELLING YOU is THE BEST!!!!!
A small little pot of it was given to me at Christmas by a very thoughtful person.
I had never tried it before.  I am not sure she had ever tried it before.
BUT OH MY GOSH!  THE BEST STUFF EVER.

So I stopped by lush and found out that a little bit larger pot is $89.00
YES, you read that right.  BUT I am telling you....This stuff is amazing.
Feels like a heavy moisturizer when you first put it on but then it transforms into this light weight amazing stuff.  It is like your skin just drank in a TON of moisture.

I didn't purchase the pot that day...I decided to come home and save my pennies.
And use sparingly what I have until I can go back and make the purchase.
This would be an awesome Valentine's gift to ask for from the hubby.

The lady at LUSH tells me that an $89 pot should last 3 months.
And while I know that is a lot of money,
I am telling you....your face will thank you.
Especially if you are makeup less most days and it needs some protection from the elements!
AMAZING!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE cleaning products and beauty products more than I use either. This post makes me want to run to LUSH right now…..thankfully V day is soon, right?! :)

    ReplyDelete