Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Chocolate Almond Bark

I tasted this yummy treat at my friend Michele's house.  
She gave me the recipe and I can not stop making this stuff.  


Here is what I use:
24 oz of semi sweet chocolates (I like more chocolate than almond)
12 oz of plain almonds
pinch of sea salt

I don't have a double broiler (so I make my own)
Glass mixing bowl on top of a pot of water.
(This has worked for me several times but I realize could be dangerous.
Please make sure there are no weak spots in your glass bowl before trying this)

Pour in chocolate chips

Pour in almonds

Toss it up

Add a pinch of sea salt

And start mixing.
You could melt the chocolate first if you like and then stir in everything else

Looking yummy

Here is what it should look like when all melted


Spoon it out onto a wax paper lined plate or cookie sheet.
Tope with a pinch of sea salt.

Place in the freezer




Take out of the freezer and break apart into desired pieces.





Makes for a yummy treat to share!

No comments:

Post a Comment