Wednesday, July 9, 2014

A Few of My Favorite Things Lately.....

I did one of these post sometime last year so I thought it might be time for another one.  These are just random things that are my favorites right now.  And who knows....they may be your favorites too or some just might become your favorites through this post.

1.  Huggies Clutch and Clean Wipe Holder

{via: Huggies.com}

  My sister was recently here and introduced me to this wonderful little contraption made by Huggies.  It is a reusable wipe holder (functions much like a ziplock) and has a nifty little strap that can attach to your stroller, diaper bag or wrist.  I found mine at Target for 3.99 with wipes inside.  

I am a huge fan of Kirland brand wipes (Costco) but right now you can score 1160 Huggies wipes, a clean and clutch, and a wipes tub for 24.99.  The Kirkland's brand currently gives you 900 wipes for 24.99.  



2.  Cartwheel by Target App



I have seen this app A TON but have never used it until once again my sister was here and we were talking about stacking savings at Target.  I really wanted a pair of sandals that were on sale at roughly 16.99 and there was a 25% off Cartwheel coupon that I was able to stack.  So I ended up with these cuties for $12.74! (and PS they are now online for $10.00 SCORE)

Pretty much every time I am in Target, I see if what I have in my cart has a Cartwheel coupon.  You can load up to 10 coupons at a time.  And if you want to remove one so that you can add one that you really need in that moment you can.  You just hand the cashier your phone (with your barcode) and all your coupons are applied at checkout.

I look at it this way....if you have to buy it or want to buy it....using a coupon is free money to you!  And this app makes it so easy.  There is even a coupon for the Target Cafe where you can score % off popcorn and beverages (perfect for keeping kids busy while you shop)!


3.  Thirty-One Bags



I got my first Thirty-One bag last summer (a large utility tote).  Most of my friends used them for the pool and I really wanted to try one out.  It literally saved my life last year.  I hosted an online Thirty-One Party a few weeks ago and score the Deluxe Utility Tote (a little larger and with outside pockets) and a Zip Top Utility Tote.

I LOVE Thirty-One Products.  I can not say enough good things about them.  I have 3 little kids ages four and under and I only have 2 hands.  These bags help me get it all out the door and back in the door in minimal trips.

If you don't know a Thirty-One Consultant here is a link to my friend Summer's page.  She is awesome and is such a joy to work with and knows a TON about Thirty-One products and which ones would be right for you!


4.  Homegrown Vegetables




Last year my oldest got a 4x4 garden for her birthday.  I was great with child and we never got the garden planted.  But this year, I was determined to do it even if it killed me.  She wanted to grown pickles and carrots!  Ha!

We planted our garden....even though I really had NO idea what I was doing.  And I did NO research (which I don't recommend).  BUT we have vegetables....pickles AKA cucumbers, banana peppers, green peppers, red peppers, jalapeño peppers, tomatoes, sweet potatoes, green beans and carrots.

We are seeing the fruits of our my labor and the kids are having a TON of fun with the harvest.


5.  Melissa and Doug Toys


{via: amazon.com}

{via: amazon.com}

{via: amazon.com}

{via: amazon.com}

My mother in law has scored some awesome stuff through Melissa and Doug over the last several months.  We are loving these Water Wow reusable paint pages (no paint involved only water), and these Paint with Water pages with a strip of paint at the top of each page (so you don't have to keep up with watercolors).  And how about these magnetic dress up people for boys and girls.  My sister gave these to my kids for their birthdays and they can not stop playing with them.....which provides moments of peace for me in each day! Yay!


6.  Artwork made with my children's hands and feet




I posted a DIY Mermaid Canvas using your child's hands from my daughter's birthday party.  Since then we have made lobsters and butterflies using our hands and our feet and a little paint.  It does require some work on my part but the kids love it and we always do these project outside.


7.  Nest Photo from The Whatever Shop



I have a little ETSY shop called none other than THE TEAL EGG.  I put things in it that I create.  Things that make me happy.  Things that I would love for others to enjoy as well.  The Whatever Shop has this print that I discovered a few weeks ago.

Before I could order it, a sweet friend purchased it for me as an encouragement to hang in my "create" space.  Such a thoughtful gift that has deep rich meaning to me!


8.  Vintage Dressing Table for my daughter's room



I am finally putting together my daughter's big girl room.  It has just been in utter limbo the last few years.  My mom purchased this vintage dresser and I am excited to paint it and put it in her room.  Researching chalk paint right now and picking my sister's brain about her success in painting an antique hutch with chalk paint.


9.  No More Bottles in Our House!!!!!!




And perhaps my most favorite of all......NO MORE BOTTLES!  The baby is loving his sippy cup and momma is happy.  No tears to be found here.  I feel like I have a new lot on life!  So proud of him!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment