Saturday, December 15, 2012

Easy Burlap Christmas Tree Skirt

We have a slim line tree who's home is right beside our patio door.
With 2 little ones and 2 huge dogs, someone is always running in and out.
I needed a tree skirt that could get "messed up"
or a better way to put it....
kid and dog friendly"

So I made this 

Easy Burlap Christmas Tree Skirt


My Favorite Aspects of this skirt....
Less than 30 minutes to make (perfect naptime project)
Less than 10 dollars to make 
If it gets messed up....OH WELL (I can whip out another one)
Kid Friendly
Dog Friendly
HAPPY MOMMY!


You will need:
A long piece of burlap (will really depend on how big of a skirt you need to make)
Scissors
Yarn
Floral Wire (because I did not have a knitting needle)


Cut a super long piece of yarn and tie it to a piece of floral wire

Then start sewing

It does not have to be perfect to be beautiful

Yours should look like this.
I promise this is not a long project

When you get to the end start cinching it up 
by pulling the string taught through the fabric


Should look nice and tight when you have fully cinched the fabric

Take it over to your tree and start positioning

I tied a knot at the both ends of the burlap string



Then I just fluffed the burlap a bit and made it look nice

View from the top
Yes some of my lights are out.
Gotta get the hubby to find the blown fuse

View from the bottom

Nice, tidy, pretty

and most importantly....

Part of our KID FRIENDLY CHRISTMAS!


No comments:

Post a Comment