Thursday, December 13, 2012

Kid Friendly Christmas Tree

Our tree this year is filled with handmade pom poms, pinwheels and foam reindeer and is draped with colored lights.  Our family tradition is to get a real tree.  I love how each year our tree has different character.  This year is no exception.

In my POM POM Wreath post I told you about my second born chunking an ornament across the room and me scratching our memorable/sentimental ornaments from going on the tree this year.  Here is what we ended up with this Christmas and I must say.....it feels like home!

I made these pinwheels out of scrapbook paper

My kids love them and call them "stars"

No one has attempted to take the "stars" off of the tree!  SCORE!

I bought these foam reindeer at Micheal's years ago.
I found them while cleaning out my closet last year 
and decided to make them an art project for my first born.
The reindeer were a success!

And because I made so many pom poms.....

the tree is adorned with green and white pom poms


Here are a few pics of our tree.

Simple and Kid Friendly.


Someday we will pull out the sentimental ornaments
but for now.....we will enjoy Christmas
with our children!

I linked this post to



1 comment:

  1. I love it! I was so worried about our 9 month old messing with the tree/ornaments but we have been lucky so far (knock on wood!) I can totally see doing something like this in years to come though!

    ReplyDelete