Saturday, January 12, 2013

"Lamby Wreath"



Today I made what my daughter called a "Lamby Wreath".  I guess she thought the texture looked like a lamb.  I have been trying to make this since December 1, when I purchased the materials, but it did not happen until January 12th!

I saw a wreath similar to this in Pottery Barn Kids this past Christmas.  It was not an item for sale.  Just one of those "things" that they put on their set that you wish you could buy but NO fat chance.  So here is my rendition.

You will need:

Wreath form (I used a small one)
Straight pins
Cotton Balls (I used less than 200)


I chose to adhere them with straight pins
because I thought hot glue and cotton would not mix well.

I just kept layering it until I covered the entire 
front/sides/inside of the wreath

Oh...and you are going to need a thimble 
or your fingers are going to be dying!

Here's my "Lamby Wreath"

I put it in our kitchen above our chalkboard

Finished project.
Adds a sweet touch of winter to a house that has seen NO snow this year
and high 70's today.
Where is winter?


No comments:

Post a Comment