Wednesday, January 23, 2013

The coats are driving me mad!!!!!



It is not that cold where we live, we haven't seen snow in 2 years but I still wear a coat and so do my kids.  The coats are driving me mad!!!!  I hang them in their closets only to be in the car with the alarm set to realize that one of them or myself does not have a coat.  Or there is that ever lingering pile of coats in the car when they are wanting to go out back and play.

So to remedy the problem I purchased a row of coat hooks from HD.  They have all price ranges (this one just happens to be less than $20.00).  I tried one from IKEA a few years ago and the durability left much to be desired (and I am an IKEA lover). 







I also saw this nifty idea on athoughtfulplaceblog a while back and made one for myself this summer.  It helps to keep our family organized.  Just the other day I asked my husband if he had seen my sunglasses.  His reply, "They are in the cubby labeled 'Sunglasses'."  How clever.


The shoe organizer came from Target
The round labels I cut out with my one punch circle cutter.
I would use heavy cardstock or notecards for labels.
I secured mine with paperclips instead of clothespins.


I recently changed the labels to reflect our needs for fall/winter (hats, mittens....and took out the sun hats and sun screen....although I am ready for those items to come back).

This little space is easy for us to get to when we are coming in or going out.  I am hoping the little ones will learn how to hang up their stuff.  There is hope.  They have learned to take off their shoes and put them in the mud bench basket.  Progress is made in small steps!







No comments:

Post a Comment