Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Valentine Mantel



I love mantels!  And I love decorating them for the seasons.  Here is what our Valentine Mantel looks like and how I did it.  ENJOY!






1.  I made a chalkboard a few weeks ago.  HD offers it in 2x4 size.  I had the chalkboard cut to 2x3 so it would fit in the frame I purchased.  I saved the 1x4 left over and wrote the word "Love" on it.  I used regular chalk and placed it on the mantel. 


2.  I wrapped candles with newspaper wrapping paper (but you could use regular news paper).  And then wrapped a shimmer scrap book paper on top.  And then secured some foam glitter hearts on top of the papers.  Everything is secured with tape.





3.  I added a little "pink" touch to the frame that always makes it's home over our mantel.  I just took some pretty papers and layers them like I did the candles.  Everything is secured with tape. Easy Peasy.





4.  I made a wreath.  Very simple.  I just covered a wreath in strips of newspaper wrapping paper (from the Target dollar section).  Then I secured glitter hearts (also from the Target dollar section) to the wreath.  The paper is secured to the wreath with tape and the hearts are secured with straight pins.  












Hope you got some fun ideas from this mantel project.  Would love to hear what you are up to for mantels this valentines.  Please share in the comment section below!






No comments:

Post a Comment