Wednesday, September 11, 2013

DIY Open Shelving



A few months ago we added some open shelving to a couple of areas in our home.  One being our office.  I needed an area in our office where I could store office supplies out of reach for little people.  I admire people who have placed open shelving in their kitchens.  I am not that brave.  I like to be able to stash "stuff" behind closed cabinet doors at any moment.



I braved open shelving in our office using these items:

Ikea Brackets
Home Depot primed 8ft boards {they cut them in half at the store}
Anchors {I chose the one that hold up to 70lbs...just incase a little person got any ideas}
1/2 inch or 3/4 inch screws to secure brackets to boards
Drill





Here is how the finished project turned out.  I really do love it!  Our little people have not attempted to climb them.  Purchasing the primed boards from Home Depot saved me time from painting each board. The total project for 3 shelves cost ~$50.00.  In my book....you can't beat that!



No comments:

Post a Comment