Saturday, September 7, 2013

What I Would Say to My Childhood Self {Compassion Blog Month}

I am joining up with Compassion International for Blog Month.  The hope is to raise awareness of childhood poverty and for 3160 children to be sponsored through Compassion International.  You can click on the button on my side bar to learn more.

I will post more this month on the child we have sponsored for nine years, John in Kenya.  I have a dream that one day we will see him face to face and laugh and cry and rejoice!  I have a dream that one day we will go to his village as a family and meet his family.

This week Compassion has asked bloggers to write on the topic "What I Would Say to My Childhood Self". How appropriate that this would be the topic as I celebrate my 33rd birthday today.  I think a lot lately about my childhood, because I am in the thick of my children's childhood.


To my childhood self I would say......


It's okay that you are always youngest in your class, one day age won't matter.
Keep esteeming others as better than yourself and you will always be reminded of the grace that was lavished upon you.
It's okay that you are in the slowest reading group and your best friends are in the highest, 
you will one day love to read for pleasure.
One day you and your sister will no longer fight and she will become your best friend.
Let the boy go who broke your heart, God has better for you.
Keep saying "Yes" to Jesus, whatever He asks you to do.
Your mom and dad love you and they have sacrificed more for you than you know right now, but someday when you raise your own babies....you will know.
When you feel the nudging in your soul to do something good, DO IT!
If you think you can YOU CAN.
If you think you can't you can't.
There will always be someone better than you and there will always be someone worse than you,
so stop comparing yourself and get to work on you.
Be an initiator.
Be diligent in ALL THINGS.
Spend time with Jesus daily.
Work hard.
Pray for your Husband.
Pray for your children.
 Serve others.
Be proud of your country and the freedoms you have.
Never take your health for granted, remember the ONE who created you.
Start how you want to finish.
Be content with what God has given you.
REST.
DREAM. 
LOVE.
GIVE.
LIVE.

To learn more about Compassion International and how you can help click here.  I have personally been a Compassion Sponsor for 9 years.  I would love to answer any questions you may have.  Please email me {email address located on side bar}.








No comments:

Post a Comment