Thursday, April 17, 2014

First Fruit

Five years ago today, April 17, 2009, we gave our "first fruit" back to the Lord.  At the time, I did not view the miscarriage of our first pregnancy, as our "first fruit".  I just cried a lot, felt extremely isolated, and begged God to give that baby back to us.  But in the years that followed, God showed me...he/she was our "first fruit".

"Honor the Lord with your wealth and with the best part of everything your land produces"
Proverbs 3:9 

That baby was "the best part" of Matt and I together and I believe God wanted our "first fruit".  I believe He knew if we could praise Him through sacrifice of our "first fruit" He would gain much glory in the days of our lives after that event.

God has since blessed us three fold with more love, energy, and joy than we could have ever imagined through the process of releasing our "first fruit".  In April 2010, we welcomed our daughter.  In July 2011, we welcomed our first born son.  In May 2013, we welcomed our second born son.  We get asked a lot, if they were an accident because of their close proximity in age.  None of them were accidents, the Lord knew.  

He knew that day, April 17, 2009, as I sat in dispair what lay ahead for Matt and me.  He knew the undoing of me would bring me closer to His presence.  He knew loss of life would bring greater life. He knew the greater the sacrifice the greater the trust.  He knew His Glory would be displayed in the sacrifice of our "first fruit" and the three fold blessing of life that would follow in such a short amount of time. 


"But blessed are those who trust in the Lord and have made the Lord their hope and confidence.  They are like trees planted along a riverbank, with roots that reach deep into the water.  Such trees are not bothered by the heat or worried by long months of drought.  Their leaves stay green, and they go right on producing delicious fruit."
Jeremiah 17:7-8

The further I get from that life event, the more I realize, the event had everything to do with Jesus.  Everything to do with the glorification of Him.  Everything to do with Him becoming greater and me becoming less.  

I went on a "date" with my daughter last night.  Her choice: library, park, and a cake pop at Starbucks.  She held my hand, danced as we walked, looked up at me smiled and said "I love you mommy".  I felt like my heart might burst in that precious time with her.  I reflected on our "first fruit" and I danced with my daughter in the park, knowing with confidence that I want GOD'S GLORY displayed more than I want my own ways.  HE has been FAITHFUL!





You can read more of this story in the links below.....

Limited In My Ability to Carry Life Part I

Limited In My Ability to Carry Life Part II






1 comment:

  1. Precious! Thanks for sharing. They are darling and I am ready to see you all!!!

    ReplyDelete