Monday, July 8, 2013

Basement Organization {Part I}

When we first moved, I loved being able to say "just put it in the basement".  That was my catch all place.  But, after a few short months, I had to get some organization down there.  I function best with organization.  It is not to say that everything is always perfect because it is far from that.  But, I do love to know that everything has a designated place even if it does not always make it back to that spot immediately after use.

My recent basement project has been to find, unload and organize my craft supplies.  I sectioned off an area of our basement as "project space" and have been enjoying labeling and organizing all of my stuff.  My old "project space" was a section of our closet.  It is nice to be able to spread out for a change.

I am far from having this area complete.  Hungry children, laundry, dinner and diaper changes keep me from knocking it out. Someday it will be complete and I will share it in it's completed beauty with you.  For now, here are a few of the things I have done......



I had to sift through this mess to find my craft supplies!
WOW!  Was this really in my house?!


 This became my designated space.
Notice how nice and clean


And claimed this fold out table for my space.

I went through and organized all of my craft supplies into clear shoe boxes
and labeled them with vinyl cut by my Cricut.

This space has a long way to go....

1.  Inexpensive way to cover the back wall (I have some ideas brewing)
2. Make a table skirt for that table (will give me some extra hidden storage too)
3. Relocate a more comfortable chair to that area
4. Need a lamp or two for extra work light
5. Rug or a large piece of carpet for the floor

For now....this is what I have.
At least everything has a home!

No comments:

Post a Comment