Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Bloom Book Club: 2013 Summer Book

I have posted about Bloom Book Club several times on this blog.  I wanted to let you all know that Bloom Book Club has just started a new book review, Bread and Wine.  



 This one looks super good as there are cooking videos with the author.
I am a little behind in getting this post out....they have already jumped in.

However, what I love about Bloom Book Club is their videos and reviews stay up on their website and are easily accessible.  So if you read it now or you decide to read it in 6 months, this will be a great tool for you.


Here is a description of the book by author, Shauna Niequist.

“…the most sacred moments, the ones in which I feel God’s presence most profoundly, when I feel the goodness of the world most arrestingly, take place at the table.  The particular alchemy of celebration and food, of connecting people and serving what I’ve made with my own hands, comes together as more than the sum of their parts….
It’s not, actually, strictly, about food for me.  It’s about what happens when we come together, slow down, open our homes, look into one another’s faces, listen to one another’s stories….
[Food is] the thing that connects us, that bears our traditions, our sense of home and family, our deepest memories, and, on a practical level, our ability to live and breathe each day.”

I don't know about you, but every time my friends and I gather it usually involves food of some kind.  We enjoy good food together and good conversation always follows.
I am excited to add this book to my Summer Reading List.

No comments:

Post a Comment