Thursday, July 4, 2013

Happy 4th of July

My two favorite holidays are

4th of July

&

Thanksgiving


Both have deep American roots.  
I remember the summer I lived in China
and celebrated our country's independence with just a handful of Americans.
I remember the emotion I felt so far away from my homeland.
I remember hearing the Star Spangled Banner that day and tears welling up in my eyes.
I remember how odd it was not to eat BBQ, see fireworks, and no sight of American flags lining the streets.

I hope today you will celebrate BIG and enjoy plenty to 

.


 We are celebrating the 4th with a lot of rain.
Looks like our annual decorating of the wagon will have to wait until the rain is over. 


While our kids were gone last week, I had sometime to put up some festive fun


I finally got to display the copy of the Declaration of Independence 
I bought in Williamsburg several years ago.


I went with pinwheels and accordions for a mantel banner


Shopped my house for some read flowers and put them in a glass vase 
I claimed out of an old barn earlier this week.






I left my starfish wrapped candles up.....
because I long to go to the beach this summer.....
but it is not going to happen (insert sad face)




HaPpPy BiRtHdAy, America!!!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment