Thursday, May 9, 2013

Crock Pot Chicken and Chicken Stock


I love buying whole chicken and utilizing almost everything I bought.  It is a great way to save money. I bake whole chickens in my crock pot a lot but a few weeks ago one of my friends told me about making chicken stock.

I went to this website link and followed the directions (well I cooked mine in the crock a little longer than over night) but it turned out great!  I have 42 oz of stock in my fridge right now and 3 more 42 oz containers in my deep freeze.  I hope you will take some time to check the link above to 100 Days of Real Food Blog.

I love to use chicken stock to flavor green beans, rice, soups, and corn.  There are TONS of uses for chicken stock.  Hope you find this as helpful, time saving, and inexpensive as I did!



No comments:

Post a Comment