Sunday, May 12, 2013

Happy Mother's Day


Several months ago I journaled these favorite thoughts about my mom.  
They seem fitting to post today.

creative
she can do anything she puts her mind to
organized
clean
beautiful blue eyes
she remembers detail
she is a thoughtful gift giver
she loves me
she gave me life
she has sacrificed for me
she knows God's Word
she raised me with a knowledge and a fear of the Lord
she took me to church
she supported my dreams
she was always my biggest cheerleader
she prays for me
she let me go as God led me even when it was hard for her
she loved my dad's mom
she loves her mom

Thanks mom for giving me life so that I in turn could carry life
and become a mommy!



In the last 4 years I have carried 4 lives inside of me.




I gave my first fruit back to Jesus on April 17, 2009.




I birthed our second fruit on April 24, 2010

"But blessed are those who trust in the Lord and have made the Lord their hope and confidence.  They are like trees planted along a riverbank, with roots that reach deep into the water.  Such trees are not bothered by heat or worried by longs months of drought. Their leaves stay green and they never stop producing delicious fruit."
Jeremiah 17:7-8


 

I birthed our third fruit on July 18,  2011

“Let your roots grow down into him, and let your lives be built on him.  Then your faith will grow strong in the truth you were taught, and you will overflow with thankfulness.”
Colossians 2:7
                                                                                                




And I wait with great anticipation the arrival of our 4th fruit any day.

"The Lord your God is in your midst, a mighty one who will save; he will rejoice over you with gladness; he will quiet you by his love; he will exult over you with loud singing."
Zephaniah 3:17



In the last four years I have thought a lot about what I want my children to say is true about me. 

I pray they will say,

My mom loves Jesus
My mom loves my dad
My mom loves me

I know if they have confidence in those three things, I have done my job well as their mom!




   



1 comment:

  1. Catching up on multiple posts today. I love all of these, but especially love this one! 4 lives in 4 years...truly blessed!! I miss you and can't wait to see pics of the newest boy child!!!

    ReplyDelete