Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Oatmeal Bake


This recipe was given to me by my sweet friend Holly, who is a much better cook than me! 
 I had this Oatmeal Bake at her house one morning and could not get enough.  
My kids LOVE this stuff!


Oatmeal Bake
3 cups of oats
1 3/4 cups of buttermilk (you can substitute with 3/4 cup yogurt and 1 cup water)
1/2 cup of coconut oil
4 eggs
1/2 cup sugar, maple syrup of honey
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup shredded coconut (this gets left out in our house)
1/2 cup chocolate chips mixed in batter plus 1/4 cup to sprinkle on top before putting in oven

Soak oats and yogurt covered on kitchen counter overnight.  I
n the morning, beat oil, sugar and eggs until glossy.  
Add baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and vanilla, beat.  
Stir in oats and chocolate chips.  
Pour into a greased 9x13 baking dish and bake at 350 for 20 min.

You can add anything to this recipe: chopped apples, raisins, pecans, bananas, 
dried cranberries, white chocolate, etc....

No comments:

Post a Comment