Monday, August 26, 2013

The Weekend Project: Basement Sewing.



Thank God there have been no more ticks in our home this week and everything seems to be back to normal.  The dogs have not run away one time this week.  Mainly, because I never let them out of the house without their training collars on anymore.

We got an estimate on a fence this week and it should be put in in about 2 weeks.  We were not really wanting to put in a fence right now (for cost reasons) but sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do!

All that said, this weekend, I was able to complete the sewing project I was supposed to complete last weekend.  So for the weekend project I sewed this darling fabric that I have had since May.



I made a reversible table runner for a small table that I have in our house.  I love the bright colors of this side and then I sewed a mustard yellow and white polka-dot fabric to the back for the winter months.  Love it's versatility and the fact that there are a few places in my house that this piece will work.





I made these panels for my basement/workroom shelving units.  I wanted to use this fabric to brighten up the darkness of this room.  And, I wanted to hide what might not always be organized....



I sewed the top, sides and bottom of the panels and added button holes at the top.  I then secured small clear M3 hooks to the shelving units and hung the panels from them.  (I really love M3 hooks....see what I did last Christmas with them).



This was an easy and very simple project that took just a few hours and allowed me to pull out my sewing machine and sew away.


And yes, that is a new project table.
One of my friends saw my post and asked if I
wanted to borrow this amazing table until
she is ready for it again.
How wonderful is that?!?!



There are still several projects that need to occur in this work space: table skirt, lighting, rug for the floor and covering for the back wall.  It will be several years before we finish this basement and I have a completed work room.....so for now....I will spruce this one up one step at a time and enjoy my crafting moments among studs and cement flooring!


No comments:

Post a Comment