Monday, August 5, 2013

The Weekend Project





I have decided to try and use Mondays on the blog to highlight...

>>>>>>>The Weekend Project<<<<<<

I have several projects that I would like to complete.
Some are large and some are small.
Some will take several weekends and
some will just take a few minutes or hours.


>>>>>>The Weekend Project<<<<<<

I hope to use as a way to keep me on track and knock out my projects
 out one by one.

Our son's 2nd birthday was last month and I made paper chain garland to decorate 

our chalkboard 





and our mantel





I wanted something that was a little different from the triangle buntings or banners.
And something that looked a little more masculine, if you will.
So I made paper chain garland.

Over the weekend I took all of that garland and instead of throwing it away
I hung it from the ceiling in our playroom.
I thought it would add a nice touch of color to the beige walls.






I also made some felt garland and wrapped it around a very plain white lampshade.



I think it ties in nicely to the paper chains and circle garland as well as
the alphabet print that my sister gave me.




{I took a few of these pictures tonight (sorry they are so dark)
But it was the only time today that I had to snap a few photos.
And the playroom is a wreck right now but you should know.....
this house is RARELY picture perfect!}
 


I am hoping to make or purchase a large wall clock for this wall.
And surround it with various styles of letters to make up the alphabet.
But that is for another...... 

>>>>>>Weekend Project<<<<<<





  





No comments:

Post a Comment