Wednesday, October 17, 2012

31 Days (Day 17) Limited By Taste Buds (Big and Small Alike)




Often I feel limited by tastebuds big and small alike.  I am married to a picky eater.  He has come a long way in 8 years and to his credit he is not as bad as some of the people I know.  I have two toddlers whose taste buds are ever changing.  Sometimes they like strawberries for breakfast and hate them for lunch.  AHHHHH!  Sometimes it makes me want to rip my hair out!  Just eat it!!!!

 Meal planning can be stressful to me. Trying to juggle everyone's taste buds is a full time job. Anyone out there know where I am? I like to plan meals for a week and grocery shop only once a week. So when the husband comes home and I have made enchiladas and he makes a funny face and tells me he had mexican for lunch....AHHHHHHHH!

So here are a few things I am working on.....

 Find out what the husband is having for lunch
 Tell him what we are having for dinner so he doesn't eat if for lunch
 Make one meal and let them eat what they will and don't worry about the rest
They eventually will eat
Offer their favorites with their not so favorites
When the husband is out of town or working late make a simple dinner

I would love to hear how you tackle this battle....if you face it at all!

No comments:

Post a Comment