Sunday, October 7, 2012

31 Days (Day 7) Limited to see the gifts in all things


A year of two ago I had the JOY of reading Ann Voskamp's book One Thousand Gifts and following along with Bloom Book Club as they walked with Ann chapter by chapter throughout her book.  During that season of my life, I had an infant (9 months) and I was pregnant with another baby.  My days were long and my endurance was short.  I often got side tracked by the thoughts of "what am I going to do with two children 14 months apart".  One Thousand Gifts is all about choosing to live FULLY right where you are. 


Ann has a unique and descriptive way of writing.  Her style is not for everyone but if you stay with her you are sure to be blessed.  Her mind is vivid.  Her words are carefully selected.  And her heart is full of Jesus.  A sample of her style can be found on her blog aholyexperience.com

One Thousand Gifts helped me to see that beauty and blessing are all around me.  There are times that I need to put down the sink scrubber and play with my kids.  There are times that I need to leave my phone at home and enjoy nature from the eyes of my children.  There are times that I need to STOP with Lyndsey's agenda and allow my Father to graciously open my eyes to the gifts that are all around me.  

Ann's challenge is for us to keep a running list of the "gifts" that God gives us each day.  The goal is to reach 1000 but it definitely is not the limit.  For me, keeping a list on paper is not always easy to keep up with.  My iphone's notes section is the place I keep my list.  On days that are hard or I need to be reminded of what God showed me in the past, I pull out my list and read away.  

Below are some of Ann's words along with her beautiful photos.  God has filled her cup with gorgeous talents which overflow onto her readers.  

Enjoy!   




No comments:

Post a Comment