Sunday, October 28, 2012

31 Days My Week......LIMITED!


I am sorry that I have been out the last week, but something had to give.  Monday, I took my son for a well child check and ended up with a chest xray, albuterol, and pulmicort nebs for him AND....my daughter with bilateral ear infections and albuterol nebs.

That was JUST MONDAY!

By Thursday the were both running fever.  I came down with a violent stomach bug on Thursday and could hold nothing down.  There was one point I remember telling my husband....I want to die.

Friday I woke to my son grunting and wheezing and retracting after 2 neb treatments.  My daughter had spike a fever.  Back to the doctor to find out....my son has RSV and his difficulty breathing without response to treatment would now send us to the ER.  AND my daughter's ears were worse than Monday and she needed another type of antibiotic.

My son checked out okay in the ER.  Lots of deep suctioning and his sats final came up.  Too bad this mommy nurse does not have wall suction at home.  But I did purchase this nifty and successful tool from Buy Buy Baby, The NoseFrida.  This is the best suction device for at home.  Don't judge! Read for yourself about this and know that it is recommended by the mommy/nurse.




Saturday, we had a follow up visit to make sure that everyone was doing better and not trending down over the weekend.  And I am happy to say that although they were not great they were better than Friday.

Exhausted is how we feel.  We have had several sweet friends bring us meals.  And, I have a call into a cleaning service to come and clean my house.  I clean my own home, but right now I am not in a position to get on top of it.  Not with medications and respiratory treatments and chasing kids around.

So, I do apologize for my LIMITED ability to write this past week.  I do hope you will join me for the last few days of the month.  I have a few surprises in the works for November and I could not be more thrilled to reveal them to you later this week.




No comments:

Post a Comment