Tuesday, October 2, 2012

31 Days: (Day 2) I Choose to Begin With Him

Desperately drained is usually how I feel when I do not begin with Him.  Beginning my day with Him is a choice and sometimes it is not an easy choice.  Take the last few weeks.  My toddler, who once slept so peacefully 12+ hours per night, has taken a turn for the worst and is now waking up 3, 4, and sometimes 5 times per night.  I never dreamed I would be this far into the game with her and the sleepless nights would start again.  

At 7:00 am she is up and calling my name....Mommy!  How do I begin with Him when I have been up maybe 5 times through the night and she is now up at 7:00 am?  Dragging my body out of the bed before her to spend time with Him is a HARD choice.

Two mornings a week, I have to leave my house by 5:50 am to make it to the hospital by 7:00 am.  It is a HARD choice to drag my body out of the bed at 4:30 to start my day with Him.  Especially, if the scenario with my toddler has played out as mentioned above.

You get the picture and I bet you each have similar stories.

"Now glory be to God!  By his mighty power at work within us, he is able to accomplish infinitely more than we would ever dare to ask or hope."  Ephesians 3:20, NLT

By the end of my day, I have nothing more to give. Ever felt that way?  When I crash into bed and wrestle through a sleepless night, do I really expect to wake up filled up and ready to go?  My cup is still empty from the day before.  His mighty power is at work within me when I fill myself up with him.    


"I wait quietly before the God, for my hope is in him." Psalm 62:5, NLT

Many mornings I settle in on my sofa with a hot cup of coffee and sit in silence wondering if my eyes will even be able to focus on the pages of His Word let alone comprehend what He wants to say to me. Many times I feel like I am in the rat race before the kids wake up.  Ever felt like you had to rush your time with Him to out run little ones?

A few years ago, I was encouraged through a Beth Moore study to begin my time with Him on my knees and face down.  A position of submission and many times for me a position of desperation.  Although I have not perfected this, I do find when I begin my time with Him in this position I am apt to hear from him more intimately.


"Search for the Lord and for his strength, and keep on searching." Psalm 105:4, NLT

Sometimes I am surprised and get in a "hefty portion of Jesus" before they wake.  And sometimes, I get in very little.  I am thankful for the days that I fill up FULL and I am thankful for the GRACE that He extends to me on those days when I fall short of filling up FULL.  Whether it be my own choice or circumstances that come along.

I truly believe the Lord knows our hearts.  He knows when we long for Him.  He knows when we make the hard choice to get up and spend time with Him first.  I believe He finds great JOY in watching His children crawl to His feet tired, desperate, groggy, empty, _____________(you fill in the blank). 


I believe it is in the moments when I am least full (LIMITED)
and throw myself into His arms 
that He smiles remembering why He created me....

for relationship that is......LIMITLESS








4 comments:

  1. :) I love the Ephesians 3:20 passage... it's one of my life verses!! Thank GOD He is so much bigger than we are!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that passage too! One of my favorites. Thanks for reading

      Delete
  2. This speaks to me. Lately I've been waking about 15 minutes before my alarm. I'm always annoyed and always try to keep sleeping. I started thinking tough, this is my opportunity to connect with the Lord. Nothing feels better to me than starting my day with Him. Afterward, so much that would affect me just rolls off of my shoulders. It's so much more fulfilling than shoving in a quick prayer as I wash my hair! Thank you for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So true Christina. It's a hard choice but always starts the day off better especially in our line of work!

    ReplyDelete