Friday, October 19, 2012

31 Days (Day 19) Limited as a working mom



I am a working mom with 2 little bits!  Thankfully my work allows me to work 2, 12 hour shifts per week.  Now by the time I leave and return home for the day, it ends up being a 14-15 hour day away from home.  There are days that I really struggle with being a working mom.  And, there are days that I really love being good at something outside of my home.  It feels like a constant battle that wages within me.

Being a working mom has taught me.....

  • Plan ahead. Days/Months ahead.
  • Make a list. Check it off. There is no way I can keep up with all of this in my head
  • Prepare meals for the nights I work that can be popped in and out of the oven easily
  • Do the majority of the work the night before and not the morning of work
  • Go to bed!!!!!  There are things that can wait until tomorrow.
  • Accept help from others
  • Believe others can care for my children just as well as I do and TRUST them to do their job
  • My children are well adjusted and time away from me is not always a bad thing
  • Don't spend my off days cleaning every moment.....play with my children
  • Play dates are just as important for me as they are for my children
  • CHOOSE MY FAMILY FIRST, ALWAYS!
  • I AM LIMITED.
  • HE IS LIMITLESS!!!!!
There is NO WAY that I could have gotten to this point with my children and working without the LIMITLESS GRACE of God.  Work is hard in and of itself but top a newborn, breastfeeding, naptimes, a toddler, 2 dogs, a 35 mile commute to work, a babysitter.....on work and by my own limitations this would be impossible.  BUT GOD, has been LIMITLESS in his abounding love and grace to me during this ride.  I am every day at His mercy begging him to give me the strength to be all I need to be and to know when to be still.


So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.  1 Corinthians 10:31


Hope you are blessed by this song by Steven Curtis Chapman

No comments:

Post a Comment